Tech It Out: The Age of Voice Control
July 18 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm at Villanova University Connelly Center
WICT’s Tech It Out is an annual one-day conference that focuses on a single topic currently driving changes in technology, society and our industry. The event hosts approximately 300 attendees and industry leaders. It was launched in 2009 with goals to create strong women leaders in technology, and to raise awareness about the many opportunities open to women in our industry. Past conferences have explored topics such as the Internet of Things, Virtual Reality and Ultra HD TV.
Almost half of American adults are using digital voice assistants on their smartphones, in their cars and on other devices such as Amazon Echo and Google Home. The advances in recent years of technologies to support voice and conversational user interfaces are transporting our businesses and society into a new age of voice control.
Join us at WICT TIO 2018 and meet some of the experts who will demo products and talk about how voice and conversational user interfaces are designed, what technologies enable them, how they are being used, and why they are changing our lives.
Our event is open to the public, including men and women. Students under 18 must be supervised by an adult.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS:
Are you …
- Working on voice assistants? Apps, products, technologies or research that enable users to interact with systems using voice or speech commands?
- Building interesting Alexa skills, Google Home actions or chat bots?
- Adding mics to your devices to support Voice Interfaces?
- Designing Voice Interface strategies or Conversational Interfaces for business or consumers?
- Working on other technologies that enable and support Voice Interfaces – like voice recognition systems, AI or data mining?
- Gathering insights to measure how all of this is impacting business and society?
Interested in being a speaker? Get more info here.