WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
Current Scholarship Opportunities:
WONDER WOMEN AWARDS LUNCHEON:
WICT Philadelphia offers scholarship to WICT National and local programs as well as noteworthy industry events. The next available scholarship opportunity is The 19th annual Wonder Women Awards Luncheon on March 23rd at the New York Hilton in NYC. The awards luncheon celebrates women in leadership positions within our industry. Recipients include greats like Jamie Power, Managing Partner at Modi Media, Myrna Soto, Senior Vice President, Global Chief Information Security Officer, Comcast Corporation, Lisa Williams-Fauntroy, Senior Vice President for Business & Legal Affairs at Discovery Communications, LLC. and many more. Click here to view the full class.
WICT Scholarship for Wonder Women Awards Luncheon includes a ticket to sit at WICT Philadelphia table at the luncheon and travel expenses to and from NYC not including overnight stay/additional meals.
Follow these instructions to apply for the Wonder Women Awards Luncheon Scholarship:
Please email Mary Eldridge by March 1st and include the following:
- Describe what you feel makes a woman qualified to be a “Wonder Woman” ie. traits, core behaviors, accomplishments
- How you feel WICT Philadelphia celebrates/supports women in all positions in our industry based on your own experience
- A brief bio on yourself
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission
For more information please contact:
Name: Mary Eldridge, Scholarship Director