WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
Spring Executive Development Series: Leading with Power and Authenticity
April 3rd –5th 2019
Kimpton Brice Hotel
Over this two-and-a-half day program, participants learn and practice strategies to build relationships in business, manage differences among peers, and tap into their power so they can lead with vision and clarity.
This program is unique in that the power of the leader is assumed to be based on authenticity. With greater clarity of core values and strengths, leaders increase their impact, inspiring themselves and others to contribute their greatest gifts.
Through lecture, group exercises, peer feedback, and deeply personal reflection, participants increase self-awareness of their priorities and unique abilities. On the final day, participants bring all elements together as they develop a tailored action plan.
What’s included: Coach Airline tickets and Hotel are included. Meals are not reimbursed.
Deadline to Apply: February 22nd 2019
Learn more on the WICT Global Program & Events Page
2019 Wonder Women Luncheon
March 20th 2019
New York Marriot Marquis
New York City, NY
Join us to celebrate the 21st Anniversary of the Multichannel News Wonder Women event, an awards luncheon honoring female leadership, which will occur on March 20, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis in NYC. This event acknowledges a group of extraordinary women in media for their commitment to enhancing the business, challenging the status quo and being an example for young leadership around the world.
Now more than ever, it’s important for us to come together and highlight the significance of women in leadership roles within our industry. The time has come for us to take a stance and champion those around us breaking the glass ceiling. Join us alongside over 800 of your peers for an inspiring event full of laughter, networking and fun as we celebrate our entire class of 2019.
What’s included: Train Fare or Mileage and any associated Uber or parking fees are reimbursed.
10 Scholarships Available
Deadline to Apply: March 8, 2019
Learn more about the event here.
2019 Overview of Upcoming Scholarships Opportunities
Check back or sign-up to become a member to receive email updates.
- WICT Leadership Luncheon: 2 scholarships
- WICT Mentoring Circles: 2 scholarships
- WICT Leadership Conference: 2 scholarships
- STEM Scholarships: 4 scholarships
- PA Conference for Women: 10 scholarships
- EDS Executive Leadership Presence: 2 scholarships
- EDS Fall- Leading with Power and Authenticity- 1 scholarship
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission
For more information please contact:
Name: Wendy Crocker, Scholarship Director