WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
2019 Overview of Upcoming Scholarships Opportunities
Check back or sign-up to become a member to receive email updates.
- WICT Leadership Luncheon: 2 scholarships
- WICT Mentoring Circles: 2 scholarships
- WICT Leadership Conference: 2 scholarships
- STEM Scholarships: 4 scholarships
- PA Conference for Women: 10 scholarships
- EDS Executive Leadership Presence: 2 scholarships
- EDS Fall- Leading with Power and Authenticity- 1 scholarship
2019 STEM Scholars Program
The WICT Philadelphia Chapter Board is pleased to announce that we are offering 4 scholarships as part of the WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program.
The WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program aims to increase the number of under-represented distinguished STEM graduates in the Philadelphia area.
The program will award 4 scholarships to students of $3,000 each for the fall semester 2019.W
Selection Timeline:Applications to the program open May 16, 2019 and must be submitted by July 15th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed and Scholars will be selected and notified no later than August 16, 2019.
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2019
- Enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credits) in an undergraduate program in the Philadelphia area or be a resident of the Philadelphia area
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and / or interest in furthering the involvement of women in STEM
- Be declared in a major in STEM or other defined majors such as marketing, public relations, design, etc.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 minimum
- Sophomore + in college program
- Demonstrate leadership through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
In addition to the criteria above, to be eligible to be admitted to the WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program, a student must declare one of the following majors: Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Design, Marketing, Communications.
WICT Leadership Conference: NYC
September 16, 2019
New York Marriot Marquis
The WICT Leadership Conference is the renowned leadership development event for the cable industry. Through inspiring keynote speakers and innovative workshops covering a variety of topics, as well as connecting with industry colleagues, attendees are immersed in leadership activities.
The event is two days and runs from September 16th to 17th.
The program will award 2 scholarships
What is included: Registration Fee, attendance at the Touchstone Luncheon, 1 night hotel stay and coach train ticket or mileage/parking. Meals that are not provided by the Conference are not covered by WICT.
Deadline to Apply: August 9, 2019
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission
For more information please contact:
Name: Wendy Crocker, Scholarship Director