WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
Current Scholarship Opportunities:
- Tech It Out 2017: Internet of Things
- Executive Development Series (EDS), both Leading With Power & Authority & Executive Leadership Presence
- STEM Scholars Program College Scholarship
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission
Rancho Santa Fe, CAExecutive Leadership Presence, one of two workshops in WICT’s Executive Development Series, is designed for mid-career cable professional women to develop Leadership Presence as a means to inspire confidence, engage and influence others, and maintain productivity while increasing visibility and career mobility.Learn more about this program on wict.org.
October 25 – 27, 2017
Rancho Sante Fe, CALeading with Power and Authenticity. As leaders take on roles of greater influence within their organizations, authenticity and the ability to inspire trust among peers and followers is critical to success. And yet, inspirational leadership can be elusive with high performers – risking burnout or reliance on routine and habit. Authentic leaders share common traits from a clear sense of mission and self-awareness to the ability to find common ground among others. These traits build trust, cooperation, and an environment of both support and challenge, helping to create a healthy organization.Learn more about this program on wict.org.
We are pleased to 5 scholarships of $3,000 for the WICT Greater Philadelphia STEM Scholars program, fall semester 2017.
The WICT Greater Philadelphia STEM Scholars program aims to increase the number of underrepresented distinguished STEM graduates in the Philadelphia area.
- Enrolled in a full-time course load (minimum 12 credits) in an undergraduate program in the Philadelphia Area
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and / or interest in furthering the involvement of women in STEM
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Sophomore + in college program
- Demonstrate leadership through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
In addition to the criteria above, to be eligible to be admitted to the WICT Greater Philadelphia STEM Scholars program, a student must declare one of the following majors:
- Computer Science
Applications to the program must be submitted by August 1, 2017. Scholars will be selected and notified no later than August 31, 2017.
Draft Application Information
For more information please contact:
Name: Mary Eldridge, Scholarship Director