WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
2020 Overview of Upcoming Scholarships Opportunities
Check back or sign-up to become a member to receive email updates.
- WICT Leadership Luncheon: 2 scholarships
- WICT Mentoring Circles: 2 scholarships
- WICT Leadership Conference: 2 scholarships
- STEM Scholarships: 4 scholarships
- PA Conference for Women: 10 scholarships
- EDS Executive Leadership Presence: 2 scholarships
- EDS Fall- Leading with Power and Authenticity- 1 scholarship
WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars Program
Now through July 27, 202020
The WICT Philadelphia Chapter Board is pleased to announce we are offering 3 scholarships as part of the WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program. The program will award 3 scholarships to students of $3,000 each for the fall semester 2020.
The WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program aims to increase the number of under-represented distinguished STEM graduates in the Philadelphia area.
Enrolled as a full time student (minimum 12 credits) in an undergraduate program in the Philadelphia area or be a resident of the Philadelphia area Must demonstrate leadership potential and / or interest in furthering the involvement of women in STEM Be declared in a major in STEM or other defined majors such as marketing, public relations, design, etc. Have a GPA of 3.0 minimum Sophomore + in college program Demonstrate leadership through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
In addition to the criteria above, to be eligible to be admitted to the WICT Philadelphia STEM Scholars program, a student must declare one of the following majors: Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Design, Marketing, Communications
Applications to the program open May 21, 2020 and must be submitted by July 27, 2020. Applications will be reviewed and Scholars will be selected and notified no later than August 31, 2020.
What’s included: Registration for the event and ground transportation to and from The Plaza Hotel.
3 Scholarships Available – $3,000 to assist with Fall 2020 College Expenses
Deadline to apply is July 27, 2020
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission
For more information please contact:
Name: Wendy Crocker, Scholarship Director