WICT Greater Philadelphia Chapter is pleased to be able to offer scholarships to members for WICT National and local programs as well as other professional development programs throughout the year. Established in 2010, the Scholarship program enables WICT Greater Philadelphia members to attend the WICT Leadership Conference, Executive Development Seminars (EDS), Mentoring Program, and more.
Current Scholarship Opportunities:
- Women in Tech Summit
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Sponsorship committee is excited to be able to offer four tickets to the Women in Tech Summit (WITS) Northeast. This is a new scholarship opportunity for the our Chapter and the tickets are available on a first come/first served basis. The requirements for the scholarship are:
- Active member of WICT Philadelphia chapter
- 2 day attendance is mandatory as we are looking for reviews of the summit which will determine if WICT Philadelphia offers this opportunity in the future
- Write-up of the program for WICT Blog
- Volunteer at WICT event once during 2018
WITS inspires, educates and connects women in the technology industry. Whether you work on the technical or business side of technology or somewhere in between, WITS has something for you. Join us for a unique combination of hands-on workshops; talks on trends in technology; information and discussions about careers in tech and how to pursue them; and connection and networking opportunities with other women in various aspects and careers in technology.
All profits generated from each event support the non-profit, TechGirlz.org, and its ongoing mission to inspire middle school girls to explore the possibilities of technology to empower their future careers.
If interested in attending this two-day summit to be held Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14 in Philadelphia, PA. Applications for WITS are due Friday, March 30.
- WICT National Executive Development Series/Leading with Power and Authenticity
WICT Philadelphia is also pleased to offer one scholarship for WICT National Executive Development Series/Leading with Power and Authenticity to be held in Savannah, GA April 18-20. https://www.wict.org/programs/eds/Pages/default.aspx.
All EDS scholarship applications are due by Friday, March 16th. The scholarship covers registration fee, hotel, airfare, and parking.
WICT Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications and notify recipient by March 30th.
The WICT Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Committee will review all applications submitted and received on or before the application deadline. If you are selected, WICT will help you submit your registration. All applicants will be notified of the results. We are excited to offer these opportunities to the membership and look forward to reviewing the applications!
Scholarship eligibility requirements and conditions:
- Applicant must be a female, WICT member.
- Applicant has received manager’s approval to participate in the program.
- Applicant has not received more than two scholarships in the calendar year.
- Applicant understands that if selected, they will volunteer for at least one WICT event within the next 12 months.
- Applicant will write an article/blog on their experience for the WICT Philadelphia newsletter/website.
The following factors are considered when selecting scholarship recipients. Applicant demonstrates:
- Thoughtful, clear, and thorough responses.
- Applicant has volunteered for the Philadelphia WICT Chapter within the last two years.
- Clear goals that will be achieved by attending the event.
- Financial need.
- Timely submission