COMCAST CABLE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT, LLC
2013 WICT GREATER PHILADELPHIA CHAPTER TECH IT OUT SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Enter by visiting the 2013 WICT Philadelphia Chapter Tech It Out Sweepstakes official registration page at http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=g6dgmkdab&oeidk=a07e7lw6k9qed73ce86, completing all of the required information, following all instructions, and submitting the entry. Internet entries must be received by July 14, 2013.
The 2013 WICT Philadelphia Chapter Tech It Out Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on June 10, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on July 14, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
(a) Only one (1) entry per person is permitted.
Only one (1) prize will be awarded per person, per address (conventional or e-mail).
Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Sponsor”) will not be responsible for incomplete, illegible, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or mutilated entries or for failure to receive entries due to postal error, transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. By entering, all entrants and participants further agree to be bound by the terms relating to the use of Sponsor’s websites as applicable, including their respective Privacy Policies.
In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor and may not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of the Sponsor and each of their respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of and any persons domiciled with, such employees.
4. PRIZES: Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) ticket to the 2013 Tech It Out event (the “Event”) on August 8, 2013 at the Four Seasons, Philadelphia, located at 1 Logan Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (the “Prize” or the “prize”). Each winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries to be held on or about July 22, 2013. If Prizewinner cannot or will not accept Prize as stated, in Sponsor’s discretion, the Prizewinner may forfeit the Prize and the Prize maybe awarded to an alternate winner. Approximate retail value of each Prize is $250. The actual value of Prize may vary and any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
Prize includes transportation to and from the Event, up to $100, and a ticket for admission to the Event. Costs of meals, transportation other than as specified herein, gratuities, taxes, and all other expenses not specified as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The total approximate retail value of the travel package may vary depending on location of winner’s home. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply.
The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern if the Event is not held due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to winner who behaves in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Event. Sponsor will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of the Event.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. Mail and/or email on or about July 26, 2013. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. All prizes will be awarded, but unclaimed prizes may be forfeited. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners, or parent or legal guardian of any Winner who is a minor, will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within five (5) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release as provided herein, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. If applicable, persons traveling as guest of the Prize winner will also be required to complete any affidavit and release that Sponsor may require. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For Prize winners list (available after August 1, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 2013 WICT Philadelphia Chapter Tech It Out Sweepstakes, Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, 1701 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103 Attn: Rina Hayashi, Program Management. Sponsor has sixty (60) days to process your request after receipt.
7. GENERAL RELEASE/CONDITIONAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participation and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an agreement by each entrant to comply with these Official Rules. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light). Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Sweepstakes entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. SPONSOR: The 2013 WICT Philadelphia Chapter Tech It Out Sweepstakes is sponsored by Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, 1701 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103 Attn: Rina Hayashi, Program Management.